Palo Alto Trader Vic’s
The Palo Alto Trader Vic’s will be undergoing a remodel in the bar area this month, with a targeted soft opening on January 27. The space will be called “The Mai Tai Lounge at Trader Vic’s” and will expand into the right dining room area. More tikis are being brought in, and the lighting will be dimmed and more red. It sounds like a relatively small-scale redo, but these are welcome changes — the Palo Alto Trader Vic’s bar just feels too airy, and is often full.
Also — and this tidbit comes with absolutely no concrete information or confirmation — but a Dallas Trader Vic’s location is reportedly again “on the table” for 2006. Possibly. Maybe. Who knows.
These insider comments come courtesy of Martiki, who sadly is leaving Trader Vic’s San Francisco. His last day is this Monday — if you haven’t been served by Martin at Trader Vic’s, now’s your last chance!
- Trader Vic’s CONFIRMED news: Read on! [Tiki Central]
- Trader Vic’s, Palo Alto [Critiki]
- Trader Vic’s wildly UNCONFIRMED gossip: Read at your own risk! [Tiki Central]
- Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic’s- LAST ONE WITH MARTIKI 1/16/06 -see end of thread [Tiki Central]
- Trader Vic’s, San Francisco [Critiki]